Meet Dr. Brian Hasslinger
Providing Exceptional Sinus and Allergy Care in Western Maryland and the Tri-State Area
Dr. Brian Hasslinger is an award-winning Otolaryngologist with over 25 years spent in private practice. Dr. Hasslinger believes in providing compassionate care for all Ear, Nose, Throat & Allergy patients. From the time you arrive at Dr. Hasslinger’s office, you will be greeted by our friendly, attentive staff of sinus and allergy care specialists. Dr. Hasslinger takes pride in providing each patient with individual attention and a personalized treatment plan designed to achieve the highest quality ENT and allergy care.
- University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware (B.A., 1982)
- University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD (M.D., 1986)
- Internship: University of MD Hospital General Surgery (1986/1987)
- Otolaryngology, University of Maryland Hospital, Baltimore, MD (1987-1991)
- Board Certification, American Board of Otolaryngology, May 18, 1993
- Fellow American Academy of Otolaryngic Allergy, 1999
- American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
- American Academy of Otolaryngic Allergy
- Pan American Allergy Society
- Maryland State Medical Society
- Allegheny County Medical Society
- Western Maryland Health System, Cumberland, MD
- Chief of Surgery, Memorial Hospital and Medical Center of Cumberland, Cumberland, MD (1994)
- Vice President Western Maryland, IPA, Inc, Cumberland, MD (1995)
- Chief of Surgery, Sacred Heart Hospital, Cumberland, MD (1998)
- President of Medical Staff, Cumberland Memorial Hospital, Cumberland, MD (2000-2001)
- Cumberland Memorial Hospital Corporation, Board of Directors, Cumberland, MD (2000-2001)
- Memorial Hospital Board of Trustees, Cumberland, MD, (2000-2001)
- Physicians Advisory Council, Western Maryland Health System, Cumberland, MD (2002-2004)
- Pan American Allergy Society Board of Directors, Fredericksburg, TX (2007-2010, 2012-present)
- Western Maryland Health System, Board of Directors, Cumberland, MD (2008-2011)
- President, Pan American Allergy Society, San Antonio, TX (2010-2011)
- Past President, Pan American Allergy Society, San Antonio, TX (2011-2012)
- Hasslinger, B.J., Tomazic, V., Chretien, P.B.: Enhanced Cellular in Experimental Autoimmune Thyroiditis. Fed. Proc 42:1212, 1983.
- Gray, W.C., Revic, D.R., Hasslinger, B.J., Et Al: Thymosin Alpha 1 Modulation of Radiation induced cellular immune deficiency. Pro American Association Cancer Res. 26:281.
- Gray, M.C., Hasslinger, B.J., Oliver, J.H., Suter, C.M., Blanchard, C.L., Chretien, P.B., Goldstein, A.L.:Depression of Cellular Immunity by Head and Neck Irradiation: Precipitating Factors and Reparative Mechanisms in an Experimental Model. Arch Otolaryngol Head and Neck Surg. 112 (NOV): 1185-1190, 1986.
- Gray, W.C., Revie, D.R., Hasslinger, B.J., Suter, C.M., Blanchard, C.L., Goldstein, A.L., Chretien, P.B.:Spleen Cell Production of Interleukin 2 During Experimental Irradiation and Immune Restoration with Thymosin Alpha 1: Correlations with Irradiation Portal and Systemic Cellulary Immunity. Proc. America Association Can.Res. May, 1986.
- Gray, W.C., Revie, D.R., Oliver J.H., Hasslinger, B.J., Suter, C.M., Blanchard, C.L., Goldstein, A.L., Chretein, P.B. : Experimental Head Portal Irradiation Induced Depression of Cellular Immune Responses and Restoration with Thymosin Alpha 1. Surgical Forum 37:570-572, 1086.
- Kleiman, I.A., Hasslinger, B.J., Eddy, H., Suter, C.M., Blanchard, C.l., Gray, W.C.: Effects of Carbocisplatin and Irradiation on Skin Flap survival. American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Spring Meeting, 1991.
- Undergraduate Degree with Honors, University of Delaware, 1982
- Phi Theta Kappa Society, University of Delaware
Award for Significant Finding Student Research Day, 1983
- University of MD School of Medicine Pan American Allergy Society Dor W. Brown, Jr., M.D. Lectureship Award, March 2012
Meeting and Exceeding Expectations in Western Maryland and the Tri-State Area
Schedule an Appointment to Visit Our Office Today!Request Your Allergy Consultation